News Flash Home
The original item was published from 12/13/2017 6:18:03 PM to 12/14/2017 12:33:13 PM.

News Flash

Public Works

Posted on: December 13, 2017

[ARCHIVED] What do I do with my Christmas tree now?

Old Christmas treets

The City of Deer Park does not currently recycle Christmas trees.  They can be placed curbside along with your regular household waste or placed curbside with your weekly heavy trash pickup.  

If you are interested in recycling your tree there are a few ideas to consider:

  • Chop it into firewood and kindling. A standard noble fire tree can be turned into more than 13 pounds of firewood to keep you warm this winter.  Just make sure you give it plenty of time to dry first so that it burns cleaner.
  • Rent a wood chipper and use for mulch around your home.
  • Make your own coasters.  If you're crafty, shake off all the needles into your yard us as mulch, then cut the trunk into rustic coasters.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Public Works

Weather Update

Contractor Emergency Registration

Posted on: January 25, 2023
Citizen advisory - UB

Online Permitting Registration

Posted on: October 3, 2022