News Flash Home
The original item was published from 3/15/2017 11:09:00 AM to 11/13/2017 3:16:49 PM.

News Flash

Public Works

Posted on: November 10, 2016

[ARCHIVED] Do you have an open ditch in your front yard you would like to have closed in?

If you live in an older part of town, there is a good chance that you have an open drainage ditch in your front yard. A lot of residents choose to have culverts installed so they can cover the ditch and have a larger front yard area and a closed drainage system.  We wanted to share with you the process for requesting a drainage culvert.

The first thing you do is fill out the "Culvert Request Form" or you can come to the Public Works office at City Hall and fill out the form.   Once we receive your request it is forwarded to our Engineering Department.  Typically, within five business days a city employee will come to your address to visit the site and determine what size culvert will need to be installed.  The engineering department will then notify the resident of the size and type of culvert that must be purchased as well as what backfill material will be needed. 

Once the homeowner has obtained all necessary material, the Public Works Department will generate a work order for scheduling the culvert installation.  Public work will install the culverts and backfill normally within 10 days after receiving the work order.  It's that easy!

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Public Works

Apply online icon

Online Permitting Registration

Posted on: October 3, 2022