Below are the requirements to obtain building, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing permits.


To submit a building permit application for a fence, patio, patio cover, driveway, swimming pool, storage shed, etc., you will need to bring in a copy of the site survey of your property. The site survey can be found with the closing papers of your house.

Some building permits, such as those for fences, driveways, patios, etc. can be approved on the same day. Other, more involved, applications such as those for swimming pools, new residential buildings, and new commercial buildings will require a review process before the permit can be approved.

Building permits can be pulled by homeowners or general contractors. Whoever is doing the actual work needs to be the one to pull the permit.


Only registered licensed electricians are allowed to pull electrical permits and to perform electrical work in Deer Park.


Mechanical permits are pulled by registered licensed mechanical contractors.


Plumbing permits can be pulled by the homeowner or by a registered licensed plumber. Whoever is doing the work needs to be the one to pull the permit.