Join us at the Dow Park Pool for a Zumba party like never before. This is definitely not your typical water workout! Shake, shimmy, and sizzle in the water as we create some heat Zumba Style! Aqua Zumba is a safe, effective, and challenging water-based workout that integrates the Zumba formula and philosophy into traditional aqua fitness.
- $55 / person / month or a $10 drop in fee per class
- June Registration: June 6 - 29
- July Registration: July 6 - 27
- No classes on July 11, 13 & 18. These classes will be made up on additional days in July. Instructor will notify make up days.
- August Registration: August 1 - 31
- September Registration: September 7 - 21
- September only: $45
- Ages 12 and up (12 year old’s must have a parent present and in the water)
- Monday and Wednesday
- 7:30 - 8:15pm
- Sundays are reserved for rainouts
- Pool only open for Aqua Zumba, no open public swim.
- Class size is limited to 80 participants
- Please bring water shoes
- Questions about this class? Contact Instructor Ana Flores at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contract Program Refunds
To better serve our community, Deer Park Parks and Recreation Department (DPPARD) contracts out several programs. Due to advanced planning with the contracted instructors, it is at the discretion of the instructor to decide to issue a refund for said program. Only with the approval from the instructor will the DPPARD issue the refund. In the event the Department cancels any program, a full refund will be promptly issued.
If lightning is detected within an 8-mile radius of the Dow Park Pool, the Aquatics professional staff will inform persons in the pool areas. Once pool patrons have been informed of the lightning situation they will have the option of leaving the pool or staying until the weather clears. If patrons choose to leave the pool, they should not use showers or land line telephones, and Lifeguards will be trained to provide this information to patrons, as appropriate.
If a severe weather warning is received from the City of Deer Park Emergency Services or another reliable weather source indicating a severe thunderstorm/tornado is present in the area and patrons should take cover, Dow Park patrons will be evacuated to a safe zone(s). The lifeguards, swim lesson instructors, aquatic supervisor and/or group fitness class instructor will instruct patrons to leave the pool and take shelter in the pool locker rooms. Once an all clear is received patrons will be allowed to return to the pool.
You may choose to call the Deer Park Community Center or Dow Park Pool prior to driving to the building if you are coming for swimming lessons. Please call 281-478-2050 OR 281-478-2055 for information concerning lessons and severe weather closures. Unless there is a severe weather warning, we will stay open for swimming lessons! Instructors are not guaranteed and will be assigned based on availability.