The public works administration office oversees the daily operations of the 12 divisions of the public works department. In total, the public works department employs 95 full time employees. The administration office consist of the Public Works Director, Bill Pedersen P.E., Assistant Public Works Director, Brent Costlow, City Engineer, Adam Ballesteros. P.E., Operations Supervisor, Kathy Holcomb, and Administrative Assistant, Tiffany Stasney. Together they are responsible for:
- Updating monthly project status reports for ongoing projects and maintaining an accounting of each project.
- Planning, organizing, directing and coordinating activities of engineering, city planning, building inspections, transportation, property maintenance, solid waste, drainage systems and water & wastewater utilities systems.
- The management of consultant and contractor contracts.
- Perform accounts payable and payroll actions for the 12 Public Works divisions.
- Assist in the development of short and long range plans; coordinates activities with departments and agencies as needed.
- Preparation and administration of the annual budget
- Coordinate with City Secretary office regarding the publication of legal notices
- Prepares a variety of studies, reports, and related information for decision-making purposes; conducts research analysis, and prepares recommendations regarding proposals for programs, grants, services, budget, equipment, etc.
- Assist in the development of notices, flyers, brochures, newsletters, media releases, news articles, and other information about programs and services.
- Researches grant programs and prepare grant applications
- Maintain employee evaluations and personnel folders for all 95 employees
- Post current bid openings
- Provide monthly procurement statements to the finance department
- Create exhibits for City Council meetings
- Serves as members of the City’s Emergency Operation Center (EOC)
- Maintains the public works vital information including, including but not limited to, essential / non-essential personnel, crew list, call out numbers, vendors, facility addresses and other resources that may be needed during emergency situations such as hurricane events.