Code EnforcementCommunity ServicesDevelopment ServicesHow Do IDiscover Deer Park

Go To Search
Click to Home
Let's Connect

Permitting Online Portal (CAP)
Information about the Citizen Access Portal (or CAP) website.

CAP Website Link:  Online Permitting Portal

Permit holders now have the ability to apply for permits, make payments, print permits as well as schedule inspections and view inspection results all from this CAP site.

CAP is a real time data source where you can perform your own permit searches.  Use the Permit Search Tutorial before performing any searches.  Contact a permit clerk if you need assistance with the permit search. 281-478-7270.

If you are a permit holder you can manage your permit when logged in. Only permit holders should register, if you are not a permit holder you will only be able to view permit data. 

The required Acknowledgement Form must be submitted to the Building Department before your online registration will be completed.

Download the Instructions for Online Permitting and scheduling inspections.

Please contact a permit technician at if you have any questions about this process.

Understanding Permit Terminology

When you log in to create your permit you will notice that there are Permit Types and Permit Work Classes


 Work Class


 Residential Building RES Addition Square footage is being added
  RES Misc. Building storage sheds, fences, carport, patio, driveway, 
foundation repairs, generator slabs, etc.
  RES Misc. Building Final Only Roofs, siding and any type of small residential
building project that will require only one final. 
This could include some fences and storage sheds as well.
  RES New Construction (SF) Construction of a new residential home
  RES Remodel Interior work on a residential home
  RES Swimming Pool Installation of a new swimming pool
Residential Electrical RES Electric Electrical work on an existing structure
  RES Electric Final Only Small electrical work that will only require one inspection
  RES Electric New (SF) Electrical work on a new residential building
Residential Mechanical RES Mechanical HVAC work on a residential home
  RES Mechanical Final Only Small HVAC work requiring only one inspection
Residential Plumbing RES Plumbing Plumbing work on an existing structure
  RES Plumbing Final Only Small plumbing work requiring one inspection
such as a water heater.
  RES Plumbing New (SF) Plumbing on a new residential home
  RES Water Meter Water meter for a new residential home
  RES Irrigation System Installation of a new irrigation system
  RES Irrigation Meter New irrigation (water only) meter
Commercial Building COM Addition Square footage is being added to a commercial
  COM Misc. Building Interior build out of and existing building, generator slabs, roof,
fence, foundation repair, driveways, etc.
  COM New Construction (SF) Construction of a new commercial structure
This normally includes the site work as well.
  COM Remodel  Interior work on a commercial structure
  COM Site Work Only The 'site work only' permit can be pulled for
large commercial work in which you may want
to get started with the underground work while
waiting for the building permit to be approved.
  COM Swimming Pool New commercial swimming pools
  COM Temporary Occupancy The occupancy permit is needed when a business
changes names or owners or when a new business
is being opened.
Commercial Electric COM Electric Any commercial electrical work
  COM Electric Final Only Smaller electrical jobs that will require only
one inspection
Commercial Mechanical COM Mechanical All commercial HVAC work
  COM Mechanical Final Only Smaller HVAC work that will require only
one inspection
Commercial Plumbing COM Plumbing All commercial plumbing work
  COM Plumbing Final Only Smaller plumbing work that will require
only one inspection
  COM Water Meter Installation of a new water Meter
  COM Irrigation Meter Install irrigation (water only) meter
  COM Irrigation System New commercial irrigation system