- Parks & Recreation
- About Us
- Advertisement & Sponsorship Opportunities
Advertisement & Sponsorship Opportunities
DPPARD Sponsorship/Advertising Terms and Conditions
1) Sponsorship Purpose: Sponsorship and advertising with Deer Park Parks & Recreation (DPPARD) positively promote and financially support the mission, vision, and values of the City of Deer Park.
2) First-come, first-served: Sponsorship opportunities will be extended to any business, non-profit agency, governmental agency, organization, or individual that wishes to have a presence with DPPARD on a first-come, first-served basis, provided that the proposed sponsorship otherwise conforms with the policies as stated herein.
3) Conflict of Interest: DPPARD reserves the right, at its discretion, to refuse any sponsorship or advertising from an organization, agency, business, or individual.
4) Rescheduling: As deemed necessary, DPPARD holds the right to cancel or reschedule an event, publication, or project at its discretion.
5) Refunds & Cancellations: In the case of event cancellation, rain dates are not scheduled unless specified. If DPPARD deems it necessary to cancel an event, program, or advertisement and the event is not rescheduled, the Sponsor will have the option to choose another event/program in the same tier in place of the event that was canceled. No Refunds will be given.
6) Payment & Invoice Terms: Once partnerships and advertisements have been approved, the Sponsor will pay for the ad by credit card via phone (281-478-2050) or in person at 610 E. San Augustine, Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm. Sponsors will be invoiced within one week of agreement completion. Unless otherwise agreed upon by DPPARD, all sponsorships or advertising invoiced must be paid in full by the deadlines listed in the Advertising & Sponsorship Packet. Payments not received by the deadline may result in agreement termination.
7) Event Day: Sponsorships, including on-site benefits, must arrive on time as scheduled with the DPPARD. Sponsors who arrive late may be denied entrance to the event. Sponsors who do not show up will incur a $50 no-show fee unless agreed upon with the DPPARD in writing.
8) Logos and Print Ad Files: Submit ads with the following specifications:
- Full-color PDF or JPEG, (minimum resolution 300 dpi jpeg).
- Ads saved as .doc, .xls, .ppt, or .pub will not be accepted.
- All ads must be submitted by email to Nicole Garvis at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Corrected artwork may be submitted before the deadline if an ad is received and is unusable due to format, design, or content. All ads are subject to final approval. Please send ads to Nicole Garvis at email@example.com.
9) Proofing: All proofing will be done via email; please provide this contact information on your contract. A written acceptance by email to firstname.lastname@example.org will be required by the noted deadline, or the ad will be pulled from the brochure. Deer Park Parks and Recreation will not be liable for any advertising errors once an advertiser has signed off on the ad.
10) Banners: For banners brought to events by the Sponsor, a size of W: 6'x H: 4' is recommended. Please be sure all banners are prepared for the weather, as DPPARD is not responsible for any torn or damaged banners.
11) Certificate of Insurance: DPPARD may sometimes require a Certificate of Insurance from the Partner naming the City of Deer Park Parks and Recreation Department as additional insured. The certificate must be endorsed, and coverage must be adequate to be consistent with DPPARD policy.
12) Hold Harmless: The advertiser agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the City of Deer Park, its Parks and Recreation Department, its Council Members & employees from any claims, losses, liability, damages, and expenses arising from the sponsorship agreement and advertising except to the extent arising from the City's breach of contract or negligence.
13) Authorization: The advertiser represents that they are fully authorized & licensed to use:
- The names, portraits and pictures of persons;
- Any copyrighted or trademarked materials;
- Any testimonials in any advertisement submitted by or on behalf of the advertiser and published in any City publications and such advertisement is neither libelous, an invasion of privacy or otherwise unlawful to any third party.
14) Right of Rejection: The City of Deer Park Parks and Recreation reserves the right to reject any Application if it determines that the partnership or advertisement is not compliant with the City's rules, regulations, and policies.
15) Situations beyond our control: The City is not liable for delays in delivery and non-delivery in the event of an Act of God, action by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity, fire, flood, insurrection, riot explosion, embargo, strikes (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slowdown, or any condition beyond the control of the City affecting production or delivery in any manner.